COST OF SERVICES
Package cost for homebirth services is $4600
$3800 is due to MotherCare Midwifery
$800 due to birth assistant directly
(paid in full by 36 weeks) effective Jan 1 2017
- My availability throughout pregnancy by phone and email/text to answer questions and provide support
- Prenatal visits in your home/my home office for routine midwifery care
- On-call personal availability from 36+ weeks until birth
- Labor and birth care and support
- Newborn care and postpartum care (birth until four to six weeks postpartum)
- My professional care as a certified nurse midwife
- Birth assistant cost- paid directly to birth assistant at time of their consultation with you ($800)
- Does not include laboratory fees, or sonograms (insurance typically pays directly)
- Does not include home birth supplies (about $30 depending on the items available in your home)
I offer the following discounts:
- 10% discount if paid in full by 20 weeks ($3420)
- 10% discount for active military, firefighter and police families ($3420)
- Late to care with complete records of prior prenatal care (discussed on individual basis)
* Birth assistant fee is not discounted
Any reimbursement from your insurance will be paid to you directly or signed over by me to you.
Effective January 2017- PayPal and credit cards accepted; additional 2.5% fee on each transaction
I work with SLB billing, an insurance billing service experienced in seeking and gaining reimbursement for homebirth clients. Please go to their website for additional information and to submit your insurance information.
I ask that clients pay the intake fee of $25 ($37.50 if you have a primary and secondary insurance).
This fee includes contacting the insurance company and obtaining network benefits; requesting pre-authorization for services, if applicable; requesting an in-network gap or waiver, if applicable and making a second level appeal on denial of services. I cover the claims fee after birth.
WELL WOMAN CARE
Well Woman Care
- pre-conception care
- pap, pelvic and breast exams
- birth control counseling and prescription
- peri-menopausal and menopausal care
Can be provided in the comfort of your home, to meet your schedule or at my office
Insurance: I will provide you with a receipt that you can submit to your insurance company